Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do I get wrinkles out of a vinyl table cloth?

I bought vinyl as fabric (by the yard) to use as table cloth on a very long (11-foot) table. I ended up buying everything they had an that roll, and the remainder of it was rather wrinkled. How can I remove those set-in wrinkles? Iron? Steam? It's at the vacation home, so I don't have very many gadgets there (but I do have an iron). I need to be careful not to damage the vinyl. Thanks!How do I get wrinkles out of a vinyl table cloth?
A blow dryer would be safer. I've gotten wrinkles out of vinyl by holding a blow dryer set on the hottest temperature over the vinyl and pulling the wrinkles out. I think you could probably do the same thing with a steam iron by holding it above the table cloth and bursting the steam and pulling, but watch out that you don't burn your hands. Or protecting the table cloth with a terry towel above and below it while using the hot iron.How do I get wrinkles out of a vinyl table cloth?
Hang it out in the sun. If you have some of those tablecloth weights you could attach them to the ends.( tablecloth weights- to keep them on the table outdoors if it's windy)
I would use a steamer, or steam from your iron.





DO NOT IRON the tablecloth itself or you'll burn it, and ruin your iron.





You might also try hanging it up in your bathroom %26amp; letting the steam/moisture let the wrinkles out that way.
I had this same problem just today with a brand new vinyl table cloth. Assuming yours has a kind of felty backing, this might work for you as well and no irons or heavy lifting involved:





Wet a washcloth, ring it out and put it in the dryer with the tablecloth on the lowest setting for no more than five minutes at a time. Then put it on the table while still warm.
i would hang it in the shower and let the steam get them out!! it works everytime....
If you leave it on the table they will drop out. You can lay a wet towel on them and then steam from the iron at a distance, do not put the iron on the towel or the cloth. If it isn't too long, you can also hang it over the shower rod and take a very hot shower.
Do you have a dryer there? I'd toss it in the dryer for no more than 10 minutes. While it's still warm, I'd spread it on the table to conform naturally to the contours of the table.
Not sure how wrinkled or what kind of vinyl cloth you have....but I have used an iron on low heat. Put a large towel on bottom and top so your iron doesn't touch the vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher