Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do I get wrinkles out of suede?

I received a suede jacket in the mail. It was folded and therefore wrinkled. How do I get these wrinkles out without ruining the jacket?How do I get wrinkles out of suede?
Hang it up in a steamy bathroom. Turn the hot water on and close the door. When its really steamy, hang the jacket (on a padded hanger) just inside the door, as away from the actual water as you can get. Let the hot water run out, turn it off but leave the jacket hanging for a couple of hours and voila...the wrinkles are gone. But then you are going to have to let the jacket hang in a dry place for another couple of hours. Sometimes, not always, the sueded will become a little stiff. Just brush it with a stiff bristle brush.How do I get wrinkles out of suede?
Boil a kettle and let it steam then gently steam the wrinkles but be carefull not to go too close or burn yourself.
how about wearing the jacket and even out the wrinkles .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher