Sunday, December 13, 2009

How can I get the wrinkles out of my 100% polyester drapes while they are hanging on the window?

They look and feel like suede. I have friends coming over tonight and would like for them to be wrinkle free before they get here!!!How can I get the wrinkles out of my 100% polyester drapes while they are hanging on the window?
Go to Target or WalMart and buy a bottle of Downey's Wrinkle Releaser, it's about 5 bucks or so, and works wonders! I work for an interior design co. that specializes in model homes and we always receive our bedding and drapery all wrinkled and once we use this wrinkle releaser on it, it seriously looks like you just finished ironing or steaming it!!! you might have to spray a lot on the drapery panels and tug on it a little to straighten out the fabric as it dries, but believe me it works!!! i always keep a bottle on hand at home for those mornings that you don't have time to iron your clothes before heading out to work... and from what i know, you can use it on any fabric except 100% silk. so polyester should be a go!!! i promise you will not be disappointed and don't have to spend a fortune or hours using one of those funky steamers!!!How can I get the wrinkles out of my 100% polyester drapes while they are hanging on the window?
Use a hand steamer available just about everywhere. It will become a great friend with lots of uses.
if you don't have a hand steamer you can also try an Iron on steam setting but don't touch the front of the fabric with it , let them hang there and get yourself behind the curtains then set steam a going gentle apply to back of curtains and move along. If no iron available then take the curtains rod and all and go to the bathroom find a place to hang, turn shower on full heat and let go for about 10 minutes with the door closed. after 10 go in and wipe out all wrinkles then rehang in living room good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher