Friday, December 11, 2009

How could I get wrinkles out of a silk tricotine formal gown?

I don't dare take an iron to it! I'm wearing it to a formal event on Sunday night, so I'll need a somewhat quick fix. Any suggestions are much appreciated!How could I get wrinkles out of a silk tricotine formal gown?
Just buy a steamer. They're relatively inexpensive, you can find a model for under $20, and they work great. They can be found at any of those home linen stores (bed bath and beyond or linens 'n things), Wal-Mart, and I've even seen them at Walgreens. With this little gadget, the only thing that touches your gown is clean steam.How could I get wrinkles out of a silk tricotine formal gown?
You can definately Iron it... Just keep a lil thik cloth like cotton over the silk and iron it.
try leaving it hanging in the shower after you take a hot shower, the steam should help
Dry cleaners
Well I'm not sure if this will work on silk because I never tried it on silk, but what i normally do to my clothes if they are wrinkled when i leave somewhere is fill up a spray bottle with water and lightly spray my clothes. By the time i get where I'm going i don't have any wrinkles in my clothes and it looks like i ironed them. This is something you could try over night or something. I learned this from my wife. It works for me hopefully this works for you.
Try hanging it outside on the porch, out of the sun for an afternoon.


Or, hang it in the bathroom while you are taking a streamy hot shower. Keep the fan on OFF. That's how they get wrinkles out of velvet and velveteen. Neither is harmful so give it a try.


Failing that, place a towel of the gown and press the towel...start on LOW heat.


Good luck.
  • emo myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    rate my teacher