Friday, December 11, 2009

How do I get the wrinkles out of my daughter's dress?

Money is tight, so I hand washed my daughter's dry clean only dress. Its nice and clean now, but wrinkled. The material is 100% polyester, how do I get the wrinkles out?How do I get the wrinkles out of my daughter's dress?
Why don't you try to put it in your dryer with a dryer sheet? You don't really need the dryer sheet, but it helps. Let it run for about ten minutes or so then take it out right away. Or, you can put it on a hanger and put it in the shower (away from the water) and let the steam take the wrinkles out. You have to close the bathroom door to get a good steam up. Good Luck!How do I get the wrinkles out of my daughter's dress?
Downy's anti-wrinkle spray. Works like a charm.





If you do iron, use polyester and NO spray starch. Use spray sizing if you have to, and ONLY on the back side of the fabric. Spray starch and sizing will leave a shiny residue on the fabric, this is why you should spray it only on the back.





Steaming would also work, but steam from a shower will not be enough to get all the wrinkles out. I speak from experience. I travel a lot with formal dresses and I use the steam setting on the iron and take my time to get the wrinkles out.





Good luck!
when u take a shower(hot one) take the dress with and hang it nicely so because of the steam it will work like ironing
Low heat with a damp washcloth in between the fabric and the iron.





Sandy :O)
iron it, put a sheet or thin towel between the iron and the dress just in case.
Set it to the settings for polyester. Usually it is a very low temp and is on the iron itself next to satin attire. Use starch too!
steam it. they have them at like wal-mart or target.


but if money is tight i would say.. hang it up in the bathroom and have someone take a hot shower for awhile and all the steam in the air might get the wrinkles out. -----i did that once with a shirt.
Try ironing it inside out on low heat.
hang it up by a hot shower when you take one. it will get steamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher