Friday, December 11, 2009

How do you get wrinkles out of a chinese painting after you've dropped it?

I accidentally dropped a chinese guohua painting while I was hanging it, and now there are a lot of wrinkles I can't get out of the paper. How can I make the paper appear smooth without ironing or any techniques that will damage the painting?How do you get wrinkles out of a chinese painting after you've dropped it?
Take it to a professional art restorer, or you can go to a frame shop where they have a dry mount machine and they should be able to dry press the piece for you. Whatever you decide to do, take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Do not try it yourself!How do you get wrinkles out of a chinese painting after you've dropped it?
Dampen and stretch. It is the only way but should be handled by someone that knows the 'trick'.
  • emo myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    rate my teacher