Friday, December 11, 2009

How do I get wrinkles out of a suede unlined jacket?

I bought it online and it must have been packaged for a long time. Is it safe to iron and/or steam clean it?How do I get wrinkles out of a suede unlined jacket?
steam.steamHow do I get wrinkles out of a suede unlined jacket?
Take it to the cleaners
If you don't need to wear it for a couple of days I would just hang it up. The wrinkles should fall out over time. But if you need it for tonight then I would turn the jacket inside out, put a thick towel over it and iron it on the lowest setting. Don't iron it like you would a shirt but go over it VERY VERY lightly. Then hang it up pronto. I've done this to my leather pants and it worked. But like I've said don't iron it like it's a regular shirt or pants. You don't want to get a dark spot on the jacket. And make sure the iron is on low setting and give it a blast of steam from time to time but again VERY VERY lightly. I would only go over the jacket twice too to prevent any damage and don't forget to use a thick towel. Oh and don't this often to leather or suede to prevent the skin from drying out. And buy a leather/suede conditioner to keep it looking nice. And don't every store it with a plastic bag over it. It will dry it out too. I just learned that from when I bought my one coat from Wilson's. Merry Xmas, Nina J

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher