Friday, December 11, 2009

How do I get wrinkles out of corduroy?

I have a corduroy skirt that's pretty wrinkled, but I need to wear it tomorrow, so I don't have much time. I know you can't iron the corduroy. I've ironed the opposite side but it didn't really help. Anything else I can do?How do I get wrinkles out of corduroy?
I agree with your other answerer's...


Steam is the way to go...


Steam from the bathroom shower or a hot steam iron shooting steam towards the fabric...


Just make sure the clothing is hanging up at the time...How do I get wrinkles out of corduroy?
Whenever I have to iron something that's hard to get wrinkles out I put the iron on the highest heat and I spray on lots of canned starch (or Sizing which has less residue afterwards). But, you have to be careful with high heat because the iron could ruin the material, but I wouldnt think it would with corduroy. Also, I always use a steam iron instead of a regular one because it does work better with steam. Hope this helps.
Steam - hang it in the bathroom while you're taking a shower, use the iron on a high steam setting, and of course, if you actually have a steamer....





but that should do it.
Hang it in the bathroom, and run the hot water in the shower, It always works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher