Friday, December 11, 2009

How can I get wrinkles out of my new silk drapes?

Just hung my new drapes but they have fold lines from the packaging. Is there a way to steam them w/a home iron, or do I need to have the cleaners press them or buy a hand steamer? Help!How can I get wrinkles out of my new silk drapes?
I would just iron them on a medium heat setting with a press cloth between the fabric and the iron. Silk is not a delicate fabric like everyone seems to believe. I regularly wash silk blouses in the washer and dryer and iron them afterwards. They still look great. If you steam the drapes, you might get water spots, which will show up on silk even when dry. Dry cleaners are a waste of money. After they steam them, they will fold them! lolHow can I get wrinkles out of my new silk drapes?
Miss Shiver Miss had the answer that I was hoping for - I will try ironing with dry iron %26amp; cloth inbetween the iron %26amp; drapes. Thanks to all you responded. Report Abuse

Steamers do tend to ';spit out'; water. For silk I think I would take them to the cleaners and have them professionally done.
You may be able to rent a steamer...
Use a steamer on them, it is a small hand held electric appliance you put water in, turn on, and it generates steam you apply to the wrinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher