Thursday, June 24, 2010

How do i get wrinkles out of a plastic shower curtin?

i took the shower curtin down to remodel my bathroom. i thought that i was smart how i stored it...not so much. i rolled it up so it wouldn't get any creases in it but i guess being cold in the garage made it stick that way. now its so wrinkley that i can't even get it to look right. i thought about ironing it over a thick towel or running a space heater with the door shut... i really want to keep my shower curtin so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance!How do i get wrinkles out of a plastic shower curtin?
Toss it in the dryer on low heat for a few minutes. Keep checking it to make sure you haven't over heated it. The wrinkles will slowly dissipate.How do i get wrinkles out of a plastic shower curtin?
Anything with heat that you can control...space heater, clothes steamer, ironing as you suggest, hair dryer, or carefully monitored clothes dryer. I put mine in the dryer for a few minutes at a time, and as soon as the dryer felt very hot I stopped it, so it wouldn't warp the curtain. I took it out and lay it out (or hang it quickly, I'm not that fast). I did this because I had washed it anyway, and that was easiest...If I had it to do again I would start with a hair dryer or hang it and run super hot water on it from the shower.
Shower curtains are pretty damn cheap, you


could save yourself some time by just buying another


one, but if you just have to keep this one try hanging


the curtain up and using a heat gun lightly blow hot


air at a low setting. Be careful not to burn a hole in


the curtain.
if you live somewhere sunny, just put it outside on the porch or a table for a few hours. Otherwise put it in the dryer for just a few minutes
put in in a dryer with LOW heat for only a few minutes. Or press it with a cool iron like you said.
Clean the curtain, dry it, and then iron it with warm iron; you may have to experiment with temperature settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
rate my teacher